[Geysers] Disturbances

Mike O'Brien obrien at aero.org
Fri Feb 22 13:18:27 PST 2008

	I see that Smokey beat me to it with a much more thorough
account.  Good.

	I'd just like to mention that although Norris is usually
heavily visited only by those with a penchant for Norris (or
when Steamboat looks possible!), I would like to put in a plug
for seeing a disturbance.  I'm not a Norris habitue myself, though
there are things there I enjoy, but a few years ago I hit it lucky.
I made my annual pilgrimage to Norris only to hear the next day
that a disturbance had hit overnight.  I finally had a chance to
see for myself, from one day to the next, just what a disturbance
does.

	I highly recommend it.

	If pressed, at least for this one disturbance, I would
say that the basin was somewhat more active.  More impressive to
me, at least, were the number of features which underwent radical
changes in appearance and behavior.  We're used to one or two things
changing every year, but we're not generally used to seeing half
the features change overnight.  That's the surreal part.

Mike O'Brien