[Geysers] Meech 14 and 15

SCOTT BRYAN tsbryan_380 at msn.com
Sun Feb 10 08:54:53 PST 2008

Most of you correctly homed in on the Daisy group and Tara got it right.  Radiator is one of the small geysers I like to watch as Daisy gets going and it starts up.  If there are people around me interested in the geysers I usually ask them 'what else happened when Daisy erupted' and they usually spot Radiator erupting and that Brilliant Pool has drained.

Well now -- My photos are all slides so I have nothing to attach here -- but unless there have been some pretty dramatic changes in the last few years (well, OK, 30 years, so possible) including considerable excavation of the ground AND significant deposition of sinter, I cannot believe the #14 is radiator. Maybe I just haven't paid attention recently, and I guess I have to try to look this summer.

And #15 has me completely stumped.

As a current item, I am told that sometime in the last day or two there apparently was a significant eruption by Green Spring (Black Sand Basin), with water sprayed onto the boardwalk and the water level down about 2 feet when seen.