[Geysers] Yes, GIANT on 2/4

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:11:39 PST 2008

The best Visitor Center info. is a start near 0700.  I did not replace the signs, so don't know how far they washed...

This morning, 2/5, there was soft snow on top of the ice from Fan & Mortar's last eruption.

And whoever's bike is on the gas station rack, you can just see a bit of tire these days.

Carolyn Loren> From: riozafiro at comcast.net> To: geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu> Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:16:09 +0000> Subject: [Geysers] Possible Giant This Morning?> > Hello.> A brief break in the morning geyser fog at around 0746 brought this suspect steam cloud into view on the still webcam. I Photoshopped it to see the cloud better through the fog. Of course it could be a Grotto start. The steam cloud was significantly large for at least 10 minutes before the fog moved back in, and at 0801 I could still see the top of this steam cloud above the fog. Just a guess it could be Giant...no conclusions. > Pat Snyder>