[Geysers] UGB north map

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Dec 12 08:39:25 PST 2008

I'm sure everybody else also got only the Pocket Basin and UGB north maps.
In any case, what if anything are we to do with them?

Clearly, as they are, the maps are incomplete. The representation of  thermal
ground is inaccurate. I also feel that the method used in labeling the
individual springs is awkward at best. And I feel that showing the springs with
red dots all the same size regardless of the size and/or activity of the feature
 is questionable.

Sometimes having a large-scale map can be handy, but if these are  pretending
to accurately identify things, then they are too large a scale.

(Note: I have dots almost all the same size in my book, but my book doesn't
pretend to be a "legal" representation).

As for how many names ought to be on the maps -- all of them. If a name has
been applied, then it should be noted.

Scott Bryan

In a message dated 12/11/2008 6:59:16 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,