[Geysers] Casper Trib article

Karen Webb caros at xmission.com
Thu Dec 4 17:49:39 PST 2008

What whoever wrote the bio is, is someone who could use a course in
basic grammar!
    I can't believe the grandiose nature of these claims, and I'm
surprised this ended up on Reuters (except that it looks like you can
upload your own press releases, or a service can do it for you). I try
*not* to be a lazy journalist, but you are sometimes at the mercy of
your editor. I had a very fair article on the subject of water
flouridation hacked to bits by an editor (guess what went --- all the
info no one on the paper had ever included that gave a case against
flouridation), but I was surprised this article contained only one
measly little comment from someone related to the park. It is a very sad
fact of journalistic life that newspapers assign warm bodies with no
expertise in specialized areas. Maybe Greene's plan would allow
newspapers to extend their budgets to cover unpopular areas like the
arts and sciences in addition to everything else he expects his plan to
improve. Revitalizing the auto industry? Selling energy to Mexico? I
guess he *has* lived a life extraordinaire, if only in the fertile
fields of his own imagination.
Karen
(Like I said in my comment, the article just sounds like people 100 or
so years ago saying "Look at all the bison. There's just so darned many
that a few white men hunting them for sport won't even put a dent in the
population.")