[Geysers] Pylon in Old Faithful cone this morning

Cynthia Barwin rfbarwin at charter.net
Sat Aug 9 12:27:08 PDT 2008

Hi All:

This morning we watched Ralph Taylor and Dick Powell retrieve a cylindrical orange pylon out of Old Faithful's cone.  The streaming web cam was zoomed in so we could watch these brave lads carry out their mission.  The pylons are being used to cordon off benches that are being painted.  Anyone happen to record this effort?

This latest act of vandalism just adds to the visitor wackiness we witnessed during our visit last week and what we've heard about.

Cynthia Barwin

p.s.  The bison nudge dent in our car door will be taken care of on Monday - our car's badge of courage will only be a memory when we return to the park in September :)