[Geysers] 1959 Earthquake

Stephen P Shivers spshivers at usgs.gov
Tue Aug 5 08:51:39 PDT 2008

Take a look at USGS Professional Paper 435 - "The Hebgen Lake, Montana,
earthquake of August 17, 1959" at
http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/usgspubs/pp/pp435.  Section Q discusses effects on
"the hot springs of the Firehole Geyser Basins".    I didn't read through
it, but it sounds like what you are looking for,  Table 23 has a summary
of characteristics of geysers affected by the quake.

Hope that helps,
Steve Shivers

<Beckykr at aol.com>
Sent by: <geysers-bounces at lists.wallawalla.edu>
08/04/2008 03:18 PM
Please respond to
Geyser Observation Reports <geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu>

<geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu>
cc

Subject
[Geysers] 1959 Earthquake

Hi Everyone,

Is there a list of thermal area changes that occurred in response to the
1959 earthquake?  I am interested in short term and long term changes to
geysers, etc.  If anyone knows of a list of the things that occurred
post-Earthquake in a book or online, I would appreciate it.  If no such
list exists, would going through "The Geysers of Yellowstone" be the best
way to compile such a list?

Thanks,

Becky Kraegel
Woodstock, GA

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews
Geysers mailing list
Geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu