[Geysers] Giant chart April 29 08

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Apr 30 07:17:21 PDT 2008

I will leave it to those who saw the Giant eruption of April 29, 2008 to
more fully describe the events. Suffice to say here that, as I noted in my
report for yesterday, most of us left the area when Grotto had passed the 4 1/2
hour mark of what appeared to be (and if fact, was) a marathon. Those who stayed
 around were at Grand, not Giant, because Grotto was still going at almost 5
1/2  hours. There was, however, a hot period shortly before 1500 that (from
afar)  appeared to by quite short and weak. Yet Giant erupted after Bijou had
restarted. The best guess is that the eruption began on a Feather restart.

>From the previous known eruption on April 16, this is a (presumed) double
interval of about 13d 04h 23m.

Attached is one of my charts, covering the span from 5/01/07 through
4/29/08. Do note that beginning with about December 1, 2007, this involves
considerable guesswork and inferences of double and even one presumably-triple
interval (the 11 1/2 day interval is known to NOT be a double interval). But at
least it gives some idea and makes it appear that Giant is going along quite
well, basically the same as in 2007.

listings at AOL Autos.