[Geysers] Geyser report April 25

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Apr 25 15:49:08 PDT 2008

For your viewing pleasure -- you weren't doing anything else, were you? --  I
attach two photos.

The bear-trail situation is unchanged.

Some of the following info is via Mike keller, and noted with ("MK").

The only Plume I saw was at 1333.

As I entered the UGB, the massive steam led me to believe that I had just
missed Beehive. Nope. It was Beehive's Indicator, 1246ie. Beehive was at 1249.
There's the first of the photos.

I'd seen the late stage of a Lion on the Webcam at about 0930. Then it
erupted at 1257. Yes! I saw it live!

Also saw Aurum at 1333 (dual with Plume).

Mike told me about Penta (1407 ie), and I snapped the second attached photo
at 1410. It's that spiky jet of steam in the middle of the photo, through the
snow. The erupted ended sometime before 1430.

Grand was 0928ie (MK).

Daisy 1259 ie steam cloud.

Oblong was 1128 ie (MK).

Grotto was 1030 ie (MK) and still going at 1345 ie.

On leaving, I stopped by Biscuit Basin to look at Black Diamond in driving
snow. It bubbled. However, as I think I noted before, the surroundings look as
though there has been a fair abount of activity and, indeed, Mike said he saw
it  to maybe 15 feet last evening.

Drove out of the snow so stopped at FPP for 40 minutes or so. Boiling in
Celestine. No activity by Silex. FPP's main basin is awash but some of the
surrounding mud volcanoes are doing nice things. Fumarole awasy. Red Spouters  are
surging pools.

Twig, Bearclaw and Jet were dead and I could not see water in Fountain
although there was some drying along the runoff next to the boardwalk. Sizzler  (I
mean, the hated name Super Frying Pan) was just ending its eruption at 1503.
Spasm and Clepsydra were ie through my visit.

Back to West, and more snow.

listings at AOL Autos.