[Geysers] Geyser report April 19

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 14:38:30 PDT 2008

So far the forecast storm hasn't arrived. Today was cloudy most of the  time,
but up to 45 degrees by 0900 (where it stayed) with little wind. And not  too
bad a geyser day.

I am about bear-ed out, though -- 5 separate sightings involving 3 bears
near Castle, on Geyser Hill, behind the Inn, and etc. Then another one on the
way out, near Fountain Flats Drive.

Plume produced consecutive intervals of 49, 49, 49, 50, 45, and 47  minutes.

I am quite certain that Beehive erupted in the night. My guess is 0300,
which fits with its apparent greater frequency and regularity. It was dead on my
0800 arrival, and I saw no splashing at all until 1044. Thereafter there were
some fairly strong and frequent splash episodes.

Still haven't seen Lion -- it was splashing all day today (0800 to about
1345). Haven't seen Depression, either.

What I reported yesterday as "Red Dwarf" was incorrect. It is the vent that
was active two years ago. The "Red Dwarf" appears to have not erupted in quite
 some time.

However, Aurum erupted at 0847 and 1252.

Sawmill was ie at 0800 and still ie at 1345. I am certain that it never  quit
during that entire time. As of around 1200, Spasmodic, Twilight, Oval, etc.
were all down as in a deep drain, but Sawmill was like that battery -- just
kept  on going.

Grand yesterday morning was 0426E (not my reported 0430E), so that interval
was 10h 06m. Today it was 0554E, then 1324 (2 bursts -- I was just leaving the
 car when it started).

Viewing down basin, Daisy was 1206; Riverside 1211. I think I saw a Giant
hot period at 1203ie, but I cannot be positive about that due to the steam.
Grotto had been on at 0800, was off before 1045.

listings at AOL Autos.