[Geysers] Big Lion Major

Robert C. Johnson birdboy48 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 8 17:16:20 PDT 2008

  I've been watching the webcam quite a bit recently, but found myself surprised at the size of the Lion I saw today (Tues ) at around 5:05 pm Pacific time.  I would have bet my shirt that I saw a few water bursts that were as tall as the top of the treeline on the ridge beyond.  Is it normal for Lion to have eruptions of this height ?   I've seen it go quite a few times on the cam, but never anything that impressed me as being as tall as this one was.