[Geysers] [Fwd: Re: Not missing anything]

Udo Freund gosastore at qnet.com
Wed Oct 24 17:00:35 PDT 2007

FYI - Forwarded from the YNP webmaster.

Hi Udo,

Thanks. You're right. The camera has not been announced to the public yet
because we are continueing to have problems with it. It is not being
brought back online as quickly as it would be if it were available to the
public. Once we feel we have most of the problems solved, we'll put out a
news release. Then we'll work more diligently at keeping the camera up.

As it is now, the camera has failed approximately once per week since we
first put it up. We'll need to develop a local troubleshooting capability
at Old Faithful before we can make it a public offering. That is especially
difficult in the shoulder seasons when so many OF staff members leave the
area.

Thanks again for heading off the complainers. I may have to eliminate
future sneak previews for our friends if it results in complaints making it
back to me through official channels. Maybe your post will prevent that
from happening.

Cheers,

Tom

<snip>

As far as I know, the streaming cam was never "officially" in operation.
What we saw was in test and has since been pulled down.  When and _if_ it
is brought online on an operational basis, I'm sure we'll hear about it.
In the meantime I and others I've discussed this with would appreciate it
if everyone on this list quits whining about why they can't see what they
weren't supposed to see anyway.  Please function under the premise that
you're not missing anything and stop bringing it up.
Cheers,
Udo Freund