[Geysers] Streaming cam

Mike Newcomb mnewcomb at xmission.com
Thu Oct 4 20:17:17 PDT 2007

October 4th, 2007

Hello,
Yesterday, within 3 minutes, viewing the new video-cam, I saw Depression
erupting, Aurum erupt, and Plate begin. This was from 1009 to 1011 by my Mac
computer clock at work. This was when no one was operating the video camera.

Today was different however. I noticed the camera zoomed in on Beehive and I
saw what looked like a gazer, watching the Indicator hole and probably
called water in Indicator, thus the zoom on Beehive's cone. I could also see
steam coming from the Indicator hole and Beehive was splashing.  I was
motivated to wait. This person (gazer?) also had a backpack sitting along
the edge of the boardwalk. It was obviously cold today and what other fool
would sit their with a backpack unless they knew something about the vent
they were watching could bring a treat . After about 10 minutes, I saw the
Indicator begin. The person began collecting people as the Indicator was
erupting. About 13 minutes later, I got my first Beehive from home (work) in
real time. I also turned on the Webcam and noticed it was about 1 minute
behind the video views. I showed two people whom I work with that Old
Faithful isn't the only large geyser in Yellowstone. They thought this
Beehive was pretty cool but we know it's really hot.

Many thanks to those responsible for this spoonful of the UGB. Let's just
hope the video continues to roll and we can get a small fix from afar.

Mike Newcomb