[Geysers] web cam operation

Greg W ikscx at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 09:16:18 PST 2007

  Does any one have any idea exactly who does operate that camera?
    Having spent many long hours behind  camcorders and edting videos over the years, there are times when I get very frustrated by the operator's framing and focal length choices. The most typical is centering the geyser and clipping off the top of the eruption. Fully half the image is wasted on the foreground, where there is nothing of interest.
     Having said that, I am grateful for  the cam service. Guess I'm not the only one who runs it all day at work.  Now it would be nice to see about 6 or so scattered around the park  :)
     Is there any lore/or discussion concerning the little vent to the right of OF when it erupts? I never know it even existed untill the video cam service came along.
     Greg Walljasper