[Geysers] Giant Eruption Nov 6 2007

PopcornBabe99 popcornbabe99 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 19:18:07 PST 2007

I was physically present and saw the start of the Giant eruption. I was at Grand but facing Giant, when Grand began its eruption at 1701. (Grand had one burst, Turban start, Turban and Vent continued after Grand finished.) The wind was right so steam from grand's eruption did not block my view of Giant when it began erupting at 1704. Since I was at grand I did not see the hot period, though I found it interesting that, about 1630, I was at Giant and saw  Bijou pause without any resulting rise in Mastiff's water or any hot period indicators at all.  I saw some weak splashing from Bijou on my last stop there after checking out Fan and Mortar, approximately 1645. I walked back to Grand, noting that it looked as though Oblong had erupted ( I have photos before and after plus maybe one of the eruption from a distance.) I saw that Grand's pool was full and noted that Rift geyser had begun erupting from two vents, approx 1655 (not sure of the exact time on
 this.) Turban began eruption and then Grand began at 1701. Grand finished after one burst, at 1711. I was keeping watch on both Grand and Giant. I headed down to Giant after Grand had finished, but did not stay for the entire eruption as it was getting very cold... on my way back, I noticed that Grand was undergoing some depth charges. This was my first time seeing this.
All in all a great three hours of Walk-by Geyser gazing :)
Kate Parry

http://mail.yahoo.com