[Geysers] Norris, May 26

Polly Panos pollypanos at earthlink.net
Thu May 31 20:28:25 PDT 2007

Hello!  I spent an hour at Steamboat last Saturday, May 26.  Overall, the minors were similar to what I have seen in spring and fall the last few years.  They were higher, stronger, and more distinct than what I saw a month ago.

About 65% of the minors were concerted, with a little less than 30% of them north vent initiated.  The height of the highest minors was in the 20-25 foot range.  I saw some jetting of the south vent.  At times, the north vent was wide (no vertical wall but definite vertical spray).  There was run-off from the south vent that could be heard as well as seen.

Cistern Spring was boiling vigorously.  There was overflow into a pool to the left and into 2 small pools to the right.

Thanks, everyone, for a great weekend!
Polly Panos