[Geysers] Geyser report May 25

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri May 25 15:45:11 PDT 2007

No report yesterday as I had that training for the naturalists and didn't
get home until after 1900, still had to do dinner, etc.

An announcement intended for a day or two ago -- the Lower Store opened
today at 1300, three weeks ahead of the published schedule. For now, hours are
0730 to 1800 (last Fountain service at 1700).

Once again, Giant recovered quickly from yesterday's 0532 eruption. I saw a
rather good hot period in progress at 0804 (duration unknown but Mastiff
surging 2 to 3 feet for a minute or two). Through the morning, there were 2 or 3
other times when from Grand we saw Bijou off for several minutes, and then
come  on along with jetting in Catfish.

However, Grotto was 0800ie. At that time, it had not been on for very long
(Variable just below overflow, for example). Grotto was still in eruption at
1400 so, obviously, a marathon. It seems to me that it took an extra long time
for the marathon to shut down Bijou, though, as Bijou was still active at
1230  but then off before 1400.

Daisy appeared to be affected by today's strong northwest wind, erupting at
0715E and 1109, an interval of 3h 54m.

At about 0800, Oblong was slighly below overflow. It then did not erupt
until 1221ns, so an interval probably near 6 hours.

Grand 0314E and 1159 (T1Q). This Grand was "Rifted", playing after Rift had
been in eruption for 72 minutes; Rift quit during Grand.

Shucks, no Penta today. But Uncertain did a nice job at 1057.

Depression was 0932ie.

Aurum was 1005ie and 1342.

Lion initial was at 1347.

Plumes were called at 0755 (actually, there were earlier ones announced,
too), 0838, 0918, 1007, 1056, ----, 1234, 1322, and 1407.

Based on the total lack of any activity by Beehive's bubblers and hardly  any
steam or sound from Beehive itself, it no doubt erupted last night (probably
later rather than earlier in the night). Since we've had no evidence of other
 eruptions since Sunday, this would seem to make an interval of a bit more
than 4  1/2 days.