[Geysers] Geysers in Argentina

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri May 25 05:18:31 PDT 2007

There apparently are some small geysers in Argentina. One locality seems
certain while a second place is questionable. Both are within Neuquen  Territory:

1. Domuyo Protected Natural Area -- A few small geysers (maximum height 1  to
2 meters) have been described at or near Villa Aguas Calientes. Not far from
there, at Los Olletas, are spouting springs but these might (or not) be
perpetual spouters and/or "wet" steam vents rather than true geysers.

2. Copahue and Caviahue -- There certainly are numerous thermal groups near
these two resort towns, and some of the springs are of high temperatures. I
have  photos showing eruptive action but whether any of these features are
intermittent geysers is something that I have been unable to learn.