[Geysers] Giant duration measurements

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun May 20 18:49:58 PDT 2007

In a message dated 5/20/2007 7:00:16 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
jacross at lamar.colostate.edu writes:

It  should be noted that there have been several different ways of measuring
Giant durations.

The most objective method (I think) is the time  from the first continuous
water to the last splash thrown out of the  vent.

This method of "last splash thrown out of the vent" is what I've been  trying
to judge, and it is what caused us to bump yesterday's duration from 85  to
86 minutes. Not that I think a minute or two really makes any true  difference.

Scott Bryan

P.S. Regarding today's Beehive, I failed to mention that there were rather
frequent splashes all morning, and that roughly 10 minutes before today's
eruption, Beehive had a couple of "Herb Warren" type splashes. So maybe "it's
back."