[Geysers] Beehive and Geyser report May 18

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri May 18 15:18:10 PDT 2007

Jere Bush just called from the UGB -- BEEHIVE erupted at 1553.

Otherwise, today was a rather good day in the basins:

Artemisia 0658ie.

Grotto was in marathon. It started sometime between 1700 and 1800 yesterday
and was still in eruption as of 1550 today, per Jere Bush.

Daisy was on a decidedly long mode today -- 0735ie and 1120.

Caught Oblong at 0821 and 1243.

Just one Grand eruption seen today, 0829 (T1Q). (The overnight  electronic
time never was called out.)... More on the 1820 eruption,  interval about 6h 10m
eruption of Wednesday evening. This is the one for which  in the logbook the
time was appended with "3 superbursts". We now are being told  that what was
meant by that is that Grand erupted and then had the "3  superbursts",
evidently meaning that it was a 4 burst eruption.

As I furst got out into the basin, I saw Penta 0812ie. It was a full, water
phase eruption that ended (unfortunately) at 0815, just as Sawmill  started.

Lion 0805 initial, 0920.

Depression 0752ns.

Aurum 0952.

Plume 0901, 0953, and 1040.

Upon leaving, I saw the geyser at Black Sand splashing to about 4 feet, but
doing so rather infrequently (that is, 2 or 3 minutes between eruptions that
consisted of only 3 or 4 splashes).

I had to wait some 10 minutes for Fountain: 1323, d = 32 min.