[Geysers] Trip report

Ralph Taylor ralpht at fuse.net
Mon May 7 17:33:59 PDT 2007

Stephen Eide wrote on Monday, May 07, 2007 05:19

>I have several Fountain eruptions,  on 4-30 at 1213 D=33 and 1943 D=33, 5-1
at 1003 D=39, 5-2 at >1000 D=32 and 1757 D=32, and 5-3 at 1134 D=34.
Assuming no short eruptions (which may not be a
>good assumption) the intervals appear to be 7.5 to perhaps 9 hours.  I
wonder what Ralph's
>latest data download will show.  ...

I'll be posting it to the website in a few days.  Old Faithful, Grand,
Daisy, Castle, and Riverside are posted, Oblong will be there tonight.

>...  Echinus was in overflow.  I watched it for about 40 minutes.  About
every 4 minutes it     > would rise up slightly and boil heavier but it did
not erupt.  These periods of strong boiling > did not appear to be building
up to an eruption, but I could be wrong.  It'll be nice to see   > Ralph's
data on this too.

...  Sorry, but I don't have any Echinus data.  I don't know for sure
whether or not a logger is there.

Ralph Taylor