[Geysers] New? geyser at Black Sand

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu May 3 15:46:04 PDT 2007

No actual geyser report today, as I took advantage of the miserable weather
to go do some things in Bozeman. Right now in West, at about 1640, a
corny-snow  stuff is falling and the temp is 34 degrees.

I write, however, to provide a "heads up" should anybody be coming this way
for this weekend. This afternoon Steve Eide called from the OFVC to tell me
that  three vents at Black Sand Basin are active, one of them erupting as high
as 20  feet. The location is almost directly beyond Opalescent Pool. By his
description, I think this must be the springs shown on the USGS thermal map as
being about 60 feet beyond Opalescent. This will be the first thing I look at
tomorrow.

I'll leave more details to Steve, as he said he took some photos -- and of
course, something like this could be finished by now.