[Geysers] no Giant yet...

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:35:21 PDT 2007

Spring arrived yesterday; naturally it was blowing snow in the basin.  But, bikable.  My reward was a vigorous Penta i.e. at 1520.  Grotto was off when I was out there; Bijou was on.

Today, 3/21, Katy Duffy and I watched a decent Giant hot period, 1433-1441, with again 2-6' surges from Mastiff, a little something from Turtle, but no good surges from Giant itself.  There was no restart.  Oblong erupted at 1434.

For those who knew him, John Tebby died yesterday in the early morning, in his sleep.

I'll be away for a couple weeks...

Carolyn at Old Faithful