[Geysers] Geyser Report--Cliff Geyser

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 28 04:40:48 PDT 2007

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE PERSONAL USE OF THE READERS OF THIS LISTSERV AND IS NOT TO BE REPRODUCED FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING PUBLICATION IN THE SPUT.  (Tom and Genean--I will have an article for the next Sput on Cliff in addition to early summer activity on the other geysers on which I usually report.)

Yesterday (6/27/07) I went to Black Sand Basin to time some full pool to full pool eruptions of Cliff.  For the first time since I have been watching it, it showed some irregularity (as well as general increase in average interval).  I only had four intervals, but they ranged from 44 minutes to 128 minutes.  The 128 minute interval concluded with a duration of 15 minutes for the full pool eruption.

Udo delivered copies of the June Sput.  (Thanks Udo.)  Thank you to Tom and Genean for continuing to edit The Sput.  Thanks also to Andrew Hafner for the articles on Castle and Herb Warren.

Now, wants to do an article on Bob Hoffman? If someone's interested in writing an article about Bob, either indicate your interest through a post on the listserv, or email me and I'll try to collect stories this summer from people who are not on the listserv to forward for inclusion in the article.

Lynn Stephens