[Geysers] Geyser report (Stephens)

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 04:46:33 PDT 2007

THIS POST IS INTENDED FOR THE PERSONAL USE OF THE READERS OF THIS LISTSERV AND IS NOT TO BE REPRODUCED FOR ANY OTHER REASON, INCLUDING PUBLICATION IN THE SPUT.

Hopefully by this evening there will be news that Giant erupted.  It was having hourly hot periods Sunday and Monday.  Yesterday evening there was  strong Giant surging after Feather quit (and then restarted) that had people on the radio yelling that anyone in the vicinity should get down to Giant.  Grotto started a marathon at 14:39 and it looked like it was still going when I came over to the Visitor Center this morning.

I did get two consecutive intervals on Till Geyser Sunday/Monday--10 hours 54 minutes and 11 hours 07 minutes.  I timed one duration at 31 minutes.  The first afterburst on that eruption started 17 minutes after the eruption ended and lasted 5 minutes, so it was 14 minutes before the next afterburst, which lasted less than 2 minutes, leading to an interval of just over 9 minutes.

Lynn Stephens