[Geysers] temp and humidity

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Sat Jun 16 12:13:37 PDT 2007

FYI, those webcam temp readings are not to be terribly trusted, esp
temperature.

Let's ignore the -185 temperature readings we saw in the winter, although
they were fun.  The summer readings are often pretty bad as well.  Right now
the webcam temp shows 78 degrees. But the official reading is 64.  I think
that cloudy conditions make for more accurate webcam temps, but overall
those numbers are more of an interesting little addition rather than
something on which you can base any sort of statistical analysis.  I
sometimes get a better feel for the weather there by seeing how many
tourists are in shorts.

Also (and I haven't checked it recently) the early morning temps, just as
the sun hit whatever sensor they're using, were way off, like saying 80
degrees when it was still in the 30s.  Perhaps this has been fixed.

Paul Strasser

.