[Geysers] Geyser report June 8

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Jun 8 15:47:52 PDT 2007

Although I was in the park today, I actually have little to report -- saw a
lot of geysers but mostly with no intervals. So those probably of  more
interest to some:

Had Giant not erupted yesterday, I would have been interested in today's
Grotto-Giant activity. Suffice to say that the system was fully recovered by
0830 today, when there was a rather strong hot period followed by intense
depth-charging. I saw another decent hot period at 1111ie. I don't know what  might
have happened in between, except this: Grotto was being wierd, with  repeated
frequent South Grotto Fountains underway as early as 0830. Grotto  Fountain
didn't start until 1104ns, the Grotto with a weak start (no huge  preliminary
surge) at 1108.

Daisy was on long mode, with eruptions at 0721 and 1055.

Oblong was at 0700 but not again until after I left the area near  noon.

The marker on Penta that I'd placed about a week ago was finally missing
today. Marker replaced.

I never saw Grand, nor Castle.

But I did see a wonderful superburst at Great Fountain, in the early part  of
the eruption that started at 1351 (OV=91, P=0). Interestingly, the huge blue
bubble did not produce a spectacular burst. The superburst was about a minute
 later with no warning whatsoever, rising (up and up and up) from an "empty"
crater. It was spectacular, and rather strange, especially since the wind
blew  it toward White Dome and therefore did not wet the road at all.

White Dome was being rather errating, with definitely-closed interval
eruptions at 1224, 1315, 1332 and 1416.

Gemini was quiet.

Jim saw Pink Cone at 0457 ie, so there's an ie-to-ie interval of  around 20
hours.

Jim also had Fountain at 0512ie, and I saw the steam cloud at 1255ie.