[Geysers] Tourist tales july 2007

Karen Webb minissa2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 20:06:41 PDT 2007

We just got back and did have to yank a whole family
out of the Myriad
Group (where angels fear to tread) and tried without
great success to
get a couple of French-speaking gentlemen (the women
got the idea, but
that's testosterone for you) from the formation of an
overflowing and
bubbling Lone Pine (aka No Pine) -- formation as in
they were standing
pretty much at the rim of the crater.
Karen Webb

snorkology at sysmatrix.net wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I visited the park a little earlier this year, and
perhaps it made the
> difference,but...is it just me or did anyone notice
it being a
> particularly bad year for tourist misbehavior?
Wandering off-trail was
> rampant, as was minor and major vandalism.A few
examples:

> I saw a man stick his finger in the hot pool in
front of Rusty geyser,
> chip off a piece of formation and TASTE it!
>
> I witnessed a man throw a large object into Lone
Pine ( and I reported
> this to the rangers at the West Thumb ranger
station), and after a chewing
> out, he claimed that he didn't know it was a no-no.
>
> Another man was down in the crater of Spouter
geyser, right over the vent,
> taking a picture (it wasn't erupting, obviously)
>
> Various people were wandering around off-trail in
the main West Thumb
> boardwalk area, and Upper Basin as well,adding to
their rock collections.

> I was only in the park for under a week,was this a
bad year for it, or was
> the park busier this year,or what?
>
> Lastly, check out this stunt at Morning Glory:
>
>                                         Grover
Schrayer

--
Step out of Thy holy chamber, O Maid of Heaven...
Drape thyself...in the silken