[Geysers] Geyser report July 4

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Jul 4 16:18:54 PDT 2007

Per Tara, Grotto Fountain started at 0128. The next event was a solo Rocket
major at 0149 (d ~ 5m). A Giant hot period began at 0153 (d ~ 2m) and finally
Grotto at 0153 (duration short).

this morning there was a Giant hot period at (I think it was, or
thereabouts) 0657, a bathtub at 0813, and then an extremely strong hot period at  0905.
This involved a lot of Mastiff surging to 4 feet and wide with very heavy
overflow, Feather as tall as the cone, 6 inch bubbling in Cave Vent, and etc.
Duration 9m 00s but no Giant.

After that, for the next while we don't know until a hot period at 1211 (D
short, Feather and SW only) and another at 1322 (d = 3m 22s).

All this was with Grotto Fountain at 1014 and Grotto at 1027. That Grotto
was still ie at 1420.

Artemisia performed for 10 of us at 1118, d ~ 23 1/2m

Riverside at 1114.

Daisy was at 0933 and 1216.

Oblong 0854 and 1348.

Grand was at 0647 (and that's all I know about it) and had not gone again  as
of 1430.

Castle enjoyed a minor eruption at 0829 (d ~ 4 min) and then really  thrilled
all with another minor at 1204ns (a long d > or = 9 min).

Lion at 1250 initial and 1409ie.

No Beehive today. That of yesterday did have an Indicator, long enough (I
think I heard 14 minutes) for people to have gotten to Geyser Hill had they
known.

Great Fountain was 1441 (P = 0), a short interval that resulted in a puny,
3-burst eruption.

Pink Cone was 0623, per Lynn

Fountain was 1531ie.

Today at home in West when I got back here at 4:15 the temperature was 91
degrees. Sheesh. At least I'll be in an air conditioned van while on tour
tomorrow!