[Geysers] ID of Mystery geyser 5

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Fri Jan 12 18:34:26 PST 2007

Not meaning to get too technical, but the geyser in image number 5 is NOT
Imperial Geyser.  Imperial Geyser is the vent in the large pool immediately
behind this feature.  They geyser that has been erupting since the late
1930's on the side has been assumed to be Imperial, but if you read the
historical records for 1928 and 1929 it is very clear that Imperial erupted
from the large pool, not a small vent on the side.

Still-it is a great photo!

MK