[Geysers] To David Schwarz and anyone else interested from Lee Whittlesey

Lee_Whittlesey at nps.gov Lee_Whittlesey at nps.gov
Fri Jan 12 08:57:37 PST 2007

David---I do not have your personal e-mail address but to answer your
question---the "Dewey Geyser" photo is in Olin Wheeler, WONDERLAND '99, p.
19, according to my cardfile. Admiral John Dewey was constantly in the news
during that period, hence the name.

The Jackson photo that you sent---isn't it Penta Geyser?

Lee Whittlesey

                      "Mike Newcomb"
                      <mnewcomb at xmissio        To:       "geyser observation reports" <geysers at wwc.edu>
                      n.com>                   cc:       (bcc: Lee Whittlesey/YELL/NPS)
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [Geysers] Geyser photos
                      geysers-bounces at w
                      wc.edu

                      01/11/2007 08:51
                      PM MST
                      Please respond to
                      geyser
                      observation
                      reports

If I visualize boardwalks in the bottom photo (link), I picture Penta with
Spaz in the background.

I remember Phil Landis took a photo of either Big Cub or Lioness back in
the late 1980s. He was working for Rick Hutchinson at the time. I remember
seeing this photo somewhere in print and it looked like a Lion eruption. I
just can't remember if it was Lioness or Big Cub.

Mike Newcomb