[Geysers] More on the Pool

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Jan 12 06:38:30 PST 2007

In a message dated 1/12/2007 3:45:04 AM Mountain Standard Time,
mabdepot at msn.com writes:

Enroute  to researching something else, I ran across these.  Most shots don't

show the parking area which gives a better idea of the pool location, but
these shots were all about the new improved parking area!  Sorry for  the
glare, the skylights in the HRC are the culprits.

YNP Archives,  Box D-183.

MA,

Were those shots also from 1937?

What always intrigues me about such photos is the size (small) of the
parking lot trees. Back then, one could even stand at ground level yet alone on  the
balcony, and clearly see Geyser Hill and on down basin without having to try
to peer around trees. As part of the OF Inn centennial, I proposed to the
NPS (via Superintendent Lewis) that it remove some of the existing trees under
the policy of "Vista Enhancement," but I never received any reply of any  sort.