[Geysers] Some geyser info

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Feb 19 07:14:19 PST 2007

The following info came from Jim Holstein and may perhaps suffer some
revision. Any ongoing updates about the changes at Biscuit Basin will be
appreciated.

Scott Bryan
-------------------

Beehive does, erupt (at night only apparently) the Indicator does fill up
with water and stays there for hours.  Nobody has seen  wether the Indicator is
erupting still before Beehive.  Hopefully  Beehive will have a daytime
eruption before the end of the winter so that we can  get an idea of what is up with
it.  It seems if you call water in the  Indicator you will have a few hours
get to Beehive.  Black Diamond had 1  eruption in December.  Salt and Pepper has
been more geyser-like with long  intervals in between eruptions. We may start
calling the eruptions as it  seems to be quiet more than in eruption.  There
is also a new spring  forming about 5 feet off of the boardwalk about 15 feet
past the bridge.   This spring has been expanding over the past couple of
weeks.  It looks  like Biscuit is not done changing.  All of us have been having
great luck  with Fountain this winter, leading Doug and I to believe it must be
erupting  about every three hours.  Feel free to pass this info on to other
gazers.