[Geysers] Temperature at OF

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 18 13:51:10 PST 2007

The webcam temperature reading is not at all reliable.  Saturday's high was 34.  One thing:  the webcam can be in full sun during a good part of the day.  I haven't followed this closely, but it seems folks have gotten a kick out of absurdly low temps too on some days.

Don't trust the webcam for that; check NOAA or something.

Old Faithful Carolyn

From: TSBryan at aol.comDate: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:17:33 -0500To: geysers at wwc.eduSubject: [Geysers] Temperature at OF

An open question out of curiosity, aimed really at the NPS people. Today, Saturday 2/17, just after noon, the Webcam said the temperature at Old Faithful was about +48. At the same time, Accuweather said the temperature in West Yellowstone was +12. I can't imagine that big a difference. so what was the temp at Of (approximately, anyhow)? In other words, how accurate is the Webcam temperature reading?