[Geysers] Meech Mystery Geysers 11 and 12

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Tue Feb 13 04:53:40 PST 2007

11-Bead Geyser, Shoshone

12-Snail Geyser, Shoshone

MK

-----Original Message-----
From: geysers-bounces at wwc.edu [mailto:geysers-bounces at wwc.edu] On Behalf Of
Graham Meech
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2007 6:32 AM
To: 'geyser observation reports'
Subject: [Geysers] Meech Mystery Geysers 11 and 12

Well neither Mike Keller or Steve Eide were fooled by my comment about
moving away from Giant.  At least one of the pictures was somewhere
different though!

#9 is in the Orby area and I have been assuming it is actually Orby because
it is the largest most active feature in the right spot (per Scott's book).
Of course I know that there are other holes that come and go in that area so
it could be something else.

#10 was Cave Vent at Giant on Labor Day.  My attempt at confusion didn't
work.  Steve's comment about Posthole makes me want to get a picture of it
too, I have some 'bursts' from it during the Giant surges on labor Day that
are bigger than the usual little splashes but it's a hard one to get a good
shot of especially when you are zoomed out taking pictures of Giants surges
and trying to watch what is happening rather than take pictures all the
time.  But I am not complaining, the Giant eruption was wonderful!

Two more, it' getting harder to have some mystery in them though.  #11 was
taken in June 2006, #12 in September.  Hint - neither of them are on Giants
platform this time...for real!

Graham Meech