[Geysers] Geyser Report 2-11-07

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Sun Feb 11 16:00:59 PST 2007

I spent most of the day in the Upper Basin today, with a few things to note:

Dome was 1009ie and seen several times during the day.

Lion was in series with a visitor report of an eruption at 0956.  I never
saw it erupt while it was in view.

Tilt's Baby appears to still be active, but I did not see it erupt.

Sawmill was 1038ie.  The entire area was well into a deep drain.

Grand was empty with West Triplet 1045ie.

Beauty Pool was in overflow when I passed by.

Oblong erupted at 1118.

Giant was dead.  Grotto was 1036ie and at least 6 hours into a marathon
eruption.  The last eruption of Giant was 2-1-07.

Riverside erupted at 1058.

Daisy erupted at 1111 with a duration of 4m 21s.  Following the eruption I
spent several minutes watching Splendid do nothing from the main vent and
only a few inches from side boiler.  I think I saw Daisy erupting at 1409ie
as we were leaving but I cannot swear to it.

Artemisia was 1007ie.

A quick run through the Myriad Group, with permission from the National Park
Service, showed that White Geyser is dormant, with the nearby spring in
heavy overflow.  Given the thickness of the cyanobacteria mat, it looks like
White has been dormant for a couple of months.  Spectacle, Abuse, and Round
are dormant.  Bell and Pit Geysers are active, but I did not see them erupt.
Trail Geyser is full and in light overflow, with occasional splashes to 1 to
2 feet.  Basin Spring is active but wasn't seen.  In the Three Sisters,
Three Crater Geyser is active.  "Mugwhump" is hot, but it does not appear to
be active.  Little Brother Geyser is filled with orange slime.

MK