[Geysers] Posting Reminder (Moderator)

Carlton Cross Carlton.Cross at wallawalla.edu
Thu Dec 27 17:13:22 PST 2007

As a follow-up to the message forwarded by Scott, please remind yourself and all other possible contributors that "geysers" will accept postings only from subscribed addresses.  This is a defense against spam and is not intended as elitism.

(If you doubt the potential spam problem, my personal maximum was close to 4000 per day.  Fortunately, a major spam operator was arrested and within two weeks, I was down to about 5 per day.  However, more than 95% of email is spam and distribution lists are especially vulnerable.)

Carlton Cross
Moderator