[Geysers] Geyser Report: UGB, 12/14/07

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 12:09:52 PST 2007

I skied out into the geyser basin again this morning.  Old Faithful erupted as we were crossing the parking lot behind the Inn.  There were two coyotes   Grand was recently post-eruptive, with Vent and Turban still going as we skied in front of the Inn.

Snow that was there yesterday, was washed away around Penta, so it had gone sometime in the past 24 hours.

Grotto was off; I think we may have missed a hot period at Giant, while we were checking on things farther down basin.  Riverside wasn't in overflow, so we didn't hang around down there.

The snow near Fan and Mortar had a crust of ice on it, and the marker was gone.  I replaced the marker, and later told Carolyn Loren and Kelli English (at the Temporary Visitor Center) that I had done so.

Oblong erupted (I don't have a start time, because I'd forgotten to take my watch), so we watched that while waiting for the bison to move away from the bridge.  After the eruption finished, the bison still hadn't moved, so we skied the bike path back to Castle, then up to the hill.

Up on Geyser Hill, the feature in the Dwarves group was erupting 3 to 4 feet.  The boardwalk near Beehive was very icy, with footprints from yesterday morning iced over, so Beehive had gone in the last 24 hours also.  Little Squirt was erupting, and looked very pretty.

Karen Low