[Geysers] Was it Giant today?

Pat Snyder riozafiro at comcast.net
Tue Dec 11 17:59:07 PST 2007

Hello All.
Sorry for being the downer here, but in my humble opinion, that was
not Giant this afternoon, but a Grotto start.  Here's my thoughts on it:

Steam clouds were huge on the camera all day today. Grand was
phenomenally large mid-afternoon, with the top of the cloud going out
of range on the non-streaming camera.
Seems to me Giant's steam cloud would have been a lot bigger, whiter
and more "centralized" (that is, circular in shape, rather than so
dissipated).
And the steam cloud in Kitt's post, which I also watched on the
streaming cam, appears to be too far right from the usual "Giant place".

I could be wrong...

Pat Snyder