[Geysers] People on Minuteman

PopcornBabe99 popcornbabe99 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 21:51:41 PST 2007

I, too, agree with Dave. Although I, as a new gazer, haven't done any Official Scientific research or volunteering, etc, I prefer to take a commonsense view. Pointing fingers and getting into witch-hunt mode destroys unity and at the very least distracts from the study of and sharing of information on, geysers.  Not that I advocate destruction of sinter heavens no. But one can  imo definitely take a long-term view.... any erupting geyser will put more sinter down over the long-term and unless the person is breaking off sinter formations,  or making visible lasting damage, no harm done as far as I can see. I am also an advocate of balancing preservation with usage. I don't believe in the "it's getting all messed up, let's lock it away" idea....as far as these official people on Minuteman go. Vandalism is one thing, random stepping-on another in my opinion...
  Just my non-professional, new-to-the-gazer-thing opinion.
  Kate Parry