[Geysers] Geyser report August 31

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Aug 31 18:08:52 PDT 2007

I almost didn't get around to this today, but not much of importance to
report today. In the UGB from about 0700 until 1145 only.

Grotto Fountain started 0732ie, then Grotto at 0735. A Rocket major was
ending at 0915, and Grotto was off by about 0929.

After yesterday's eruption, Giant was having hot periods as early as about
midnight last night.

Artemisia was called at 1131.

Riverside at 0732.

There were Daisys at 0730 and 1042.

Just one Oblong, at 1014.

Grand was 0250E and 1107 (T1Q).

Castle 0419E major.

Lion 1130 initial.

Plume gave intervals of 56 and 60 minutes, plus a double interval of 115
minutes.

Down valley, where I spent a fair amount of time:

The biggest news of the day was Great Fountain (1408, P ~ 9, OV ~ 78),  which
had a most wonderful superburst that awed all of us who had seen  superbursts
before.

The geyser out along Tangled Creek erupted at 1507:13 and 1510:33, each  with
a duration of 10-12 seconds.

Pink Cone 1333, d water ~ 1-2 minutes.

Labial seen by others was 1125. Pink about an hour before that.

Narcissus 1229 (d ~ 12 min) and 1509 (short).