[Geysers] Ed Herel obituary

Suzanne Strasser sjstrasser at comcast.net
Sat Aug 25 19:40:39 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I am sad to report that my father, Ed Herel, passed away from Alzheimer's
disease on August 20, 2007.  He was 70 years old.  He loved vacationing in
Yellowstone and watching the geysers, especially Grand.  He enjoyed spending
many hours talking to visitors about geysers and the signs to look for an
impending eruption.  On our family's first trip to Yellowstone when I was a
little girl, he was lucky enough to walk up on a 5-burst eruption of Grand,
and he became hooked.  It was due to his passion for geysers and my family's
many vacation trips to Yellowstone over the years that I fell in love with
the geysers, too.

His last trip to Yellowstone was in 2001, where he was fortunate enough to
see a "soaker" eruption of Fan and Mortar.  He enjoyed watching his
grandchildren Linda and Kevin stand in front of F&M, soaking wet and with
huge grins on their faces.   Previously he visited the Park with my family
in 1997, where we spent many hours waiting for Giant together and were
finally rewarded with the August 24 eruption.  He was acquainted with many
of the geyser gazers and naturalists in the earlier years when he was able
to visit Yellowstone more frequently.

I am sad to report his passing, but I am also comforted to know that he is
in a better place, and his spirit will always be with us.

Suzanne Strasser and family