[Geysers] Geyser report August 24

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Aug 24 15:37:42 PDT 2007

Another disappointing day in the Giant Cage... Yesterday afternoon's Grotto
turned out to be a marathon that (best guess) ended around 0500 today, thus a
duration of about 14 1/2 hours. Since we were nearing 7 days for the
interval,  we waited with bated breath. (well, no -- a lot of talk among a lot of
people)

The recovery hot period began at 1327. At times, Mastiff was suitably high
and wide, but it simply could not maintain the action. When it began dropping
to  a flat pool at the 6 minute mark, I (and I know others) had a sinking
feeling.  Duration 10m 28s, plus a restart for an additional ~5 minutes.

Nobody reported any sort of event cycle at F&M.

Riverside was way out of the prediction window, erupting at 1004.

Daisy 0643ie, 0923, 1138, 1349.

Oblong probably erupted around 0730-0800, when everybody was at or near the
store, and then at 1140.

Grand 0531E and 1236 (no details).

Castle was 0420E, evidently a major.

Info about Geyser Hill is essentially blank, since we were all at Giant.
There was a Lion called at 0823ie.

Down valley, Great Fountain evidently erupted in the vicinity of 1230  (based
on the prediction board).

The "Tangled Creek Geyser" west of White Dome erupted at 1503ie, 1507:01  and
1509:46 (d ~ 12 seconds).

A private, special tour tomorrow, so probably no report from me.