[Geysers] Minnesota Flooding Update

Warren Hoppe whoppe at ridge-runner.com
Mon Aug 20 18:56:00 PDT 2007

Hi friends,

Our part of Minnesota was hit with devastating flooding this weekend. We are all fine, mostly because we live on top the bluffs. We had a little water in the basement but no damage. Karl has to replace his carpeting and some drywall. Sara had no damage. Most of the towns around us: Minnesota City, Stockton, Goodview, Rushford and Houston all had to be evacuated. There have been 4 deaths in our county with one man missing and presumed deceased. Our area had 10-17 inches of rain during the weekend. The Kwik Trip that Ben works at was flooded and closed all day yesterday. The motel across the street from the Kwik Trip was evacuating people from second story windows and getting them to dry land with a boat. Many roads in the whole county are washed out and many railroad tracks are damaged. So much devastation!!

If you wish to see pictures and videos of the damage the best websites are:

www.winonadailynews.com
www.wcco.com
www.startribune.com

Please keep all these people in your prayers.

Thank you,

Pat Hoppe