[Geysers] Geyser rerport August 15

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Aug 15 16:21:44 PDT 2007

Hint hint. I hope for some sort of online report later this evening, as
today as of 1500 Grotto was continuing the marathon that began yesterday at 2047
(thus, over 18 hour duration). Given last night's really strong hot period (if
 not previously reported, something like a 14 minute duration without
eruption)  and the length of the current Giant marathon, a few more hours of today's
marathon makes tomorrow look really good.

Today's Fan and Mortar event cycle, which started around 0748, was the
shortest duration and weakest I've seen since my return from Arizona.

Artemisia 0754, d = 25 minutes.

Daisy 0812, 1113ns, and 1414. Rather consistent!

Oblong was 0756 and 1252.

Grand 0626 (T2*Q) and 1325 (T1Q, d = 11m 53s).

Castle had a minor at 1040, d ~ 6 minutes.

There was a morning Lion that I seem to have not written down, but it was a
series of one.

The Millers got Aurum at 1124.

Yes, Plume was active. No, Depression was not seen, apparently for  something
like the 3rd day in a row. Ralph says that Little Squirt has not  erupted
since on or about July 17, and there has been no Dome since mid-June.  Geyser
Hill, is doing great!

Down the valley, Fountain was 0943ns and Lynn had Great Fountain in the
vicinity of 1315 (that might have been the eruption time, not sure).

A correction from a couple of days ago, when I think I reported that I
_thought_ I heard Beehive called at 13xx. Wrong, but it did erupt that day
(Monday, 8/13) at 1447.