[Geysers] Pink Cone Geyser

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 15 04:40:57 PDT 2007

On 8/14 I verifed my suspicions that Pink Cone Geyser is having some "mid-cycle" eruptions.  Pink Cone erupted at 18:53 on Monday, 8/13.  KC and Julie Thomson stayed for the duration of 104 minutes.

On 8/14 I observed Pink Cone in eruption at 09:42.  I did not stay for the duration, but it had finished the next time I drove passed it at 11:00, the platform was still very wet with standing water in several places and the road was damp.  Pink Cone was emitting light steam but not gurgling.  Barry Leedy told me Pink Cone erupted again at 16:08 on 8/14.  I don't know whether anyone stayed for the duration of that eruption.

Lynn Stephens