[Geysers] Fire Information

Carlton Cross cross at bmi.net
Tue Aug 14 10:50:54 PDT 2007

Here's a little more fire information.  The link just below (the same as I
gave earlier) shows all of the fires in YNP.  It refers to Columbine (close
to OF) which is now out and Columbine 1 which is on the east side of the
lake almost due east of West Thumb.  It's shown more than 5 miles south of
the east entrance road, so I assume that the road was closed for logistical
reasons.

http://www.nps.gov/yell/parkmgmt/firemanagement.htm

The next link gives press releases for fires in the Park.

http://inciweb.org/forest/5382/

Here's a link for fires in Wyoming.

http://inciweb.org/state/52/

Here's the latest statement about the road:

"The East Entrance to Yellowstone National Park reopened to traffic at 8
o'clock Tuesday morning, after being temporarily closed due to the threat
posed by the Columbine Fire."

It appears that we have three names for this fire:  Columbine, Columbine 1
and Columbine 2.  (I haven't seen Columbine 2 in print.)

Carlton Cross