[Geysers] Geyser report August 9

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 02:05:44 PDT 2007

Scott,

Based this information, it sounds like there were 2 short-ish marathons.  Thanks for the clarification, and thanks as always for your daily reports.

--Tara Cross

In answer to Tara's query about the Grotto durations of August 7-8, I see that I have no Giant hot period recorded on the 7th, so there must have been some marathon longer than 15 hours. Sorry, I can say no more than that -- that was my day back from Arizona and I was dead tired, and also I'd spent most of the time that day on Geyser Hill. On Wednesday, August 8, Grotto erupted at 0653 for a duration of 25 minutes. The next Grotto was the one referred to above, at 1203 on 8/8 and ending sometime around 0000 last night, leading to today's 1341 Grotto. Hopefully, somebody else has more info.