[Geysers] Geyser report August 8

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 16:19:36 PDT 2007

A rather ordinary day in the UGB, mostly spent in the vicinity of Grotto  and
Giant. The Grotto marathon that started at 1944 on Monday ended roughly
(very roughly -- nobody was out to catch the end) before midnight or so --  a
duration of maybe 15 hours.

Today there was a Giant hot period a bit after 0600, but it was fairly weak
with a duration of about 6 minutes, and was believe to NOT have been the
recovery. It was followed by hot periods at 0706 (D~2 min), 0901 (d=4m48s), 1038
(d=1m40s), 1139 (d=3m06s), 1237 (d=1m12s) and 1335 (d=6m32s). Even this last,
though it did include Feather Satellite and slight bubbling in Cave, was
weak.

Grotto erupted at 0653, about half an hour after the start of Grotto
Fountain, and had a duration of 25 minutes. The next was Grotto Fountain at 1151
(d~25m) and Grotto at 1203. That Grotto was still in progress as of 1415.

River side was at 0740 and had not yet erupted again as of 1415.

Daisy was 0813, 1125 and 1429.

Oblong was 0754 and 1318. Before the 1318 eruption, it was having pushes at
half-hour intervals.

Grand was 0442E and 1316 (T1C). At 1110 there was a Rift with a duration of
about 7 minutes.

Castle had a minor in the night (I didn't catch the electronic time), and
then a major at 0925.

There was no Lion while I was in the basin, that is from about 0830 until
1415. No Depression, either, unless it happened while everybody was at either
Grand or Giant-Oblong.

The Millers got Aurum at 1234.

Plume was in the range of 48 to 52 minutes today.

At about 1415, I headed for Great Fountain (via a rather long bull elk  jam),
which I found to not be in overflow. So home.