[Geysers] Grotto Marathon ie 2-3 August 2007 (Schwarz)

MaryBeth Schwarz mbschwar at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 3 08:08:53 PDT 2007

     On 2 August Grotto Fountain and Grotto were 1717ie and are still ie
today 3 August in a marathon.

     On 1 August the marathon recovery hot period was early at ~2340, but no
Giant.

     On 2 August there were hot periods about every hour or so.  Grotto Ftn
was at 0749 and Grotto at 0820 (d=17m).  The next Grotto start was overdue,
and at 1515 Grotto Fountain started followed by Grotto at 1520 (ended just
before the Giant hot period at 1600).  At 1600 the big hot period started
with SW Vents and then Feather and F. Sat.  Cave was ~6" at 1605 and then at
1607 6" to 1', then suddenly Paul said Cave was bursting 2-3' so we thought
we would see Giant!  Feather ended at 1608 and restarted (could not
understand the time even though I was at Chromatic).  Most of the surging in
Giant was oblique but some was vertical, still Giant did not start.

     Grand yesterday 2 August was at 0813 (T2C), 1552 (T1C), and 2345 Elec.

     Mary Beth